Heart attack: Symptoms and first line of treatment to be given
Causes of the blockage: most often is a buildup of fat and othe
Heart attack : incident when the flow of blood to the heart is blocked.
Causes of the blockage: most often is a buildup of fat and other substances in form of a plaque in the arteries feeding heart
Scenario when plaque rupture forming a clot cause blockage in blood flow. This interrupted blood flow destroy part of the heart muscle. And it is state of heart attack, also called a myocardial infarction
Heart attack can be fatal.
Yes, early timely treatment is crucial to save a life
- Pressure in chest
- Tightness in chest
- Pain onleft side of chest radiating to back jaw line or shoulder
- squeezing sensation in chest or arms
- abdominal pain
- Shortness of breath
- Cold sweat
- sudden dizziness
CANHeart attack symptoms vary:?/??............
YES, all patients who have heart attacks not always have the same symptoms. As symptoms vary the severity of symptoms also vary.
What is earliest warning sign of heart attack?---- recurrent chest pain or pressure (angina) that's triggered by activity and relieved by rest. This is due to reduced blood flow to heart
When to see a doctor is very important question:……………..WELL don’t wait act immediately. Take these enumerated steps:-
- Call for emergency medical help
- Take nitroglycerin sublingually
- Take aspirin, could reduce heart damage by helping to prevent blood from clotting
Note: Aspirin can interact with other medications only emergency medical personnel shall administer it to patient or in guidance can be given to patient
What to do if you experience someone in your vicinity with heart attack?---follow the steps in same synchronization:----
- unconscious state of patient
- first call for emergency medical help
- check if the person is breathing and has a pulse.
- don't find a pulse only then should you begin CPR
- Push hard and fast on the patient’schest in a fairly rapid rhythm — about 100 to 120 compressions a minute
- in case not trained in CPR, it is recommended to perform only chest compressions
- till emergency help arrive