What Is Curcumin And How Does It Affect Our Body?
What Is Curcumin?
Turmeric is a famous spice in India. In turmeric, the major efficacious chemical of turmeric is curcumin.
Curcuma longa is a plant of the ginger family. In curcuma longa, a yellow color chemical called curcumin.
Curcumin basically consists of curcuminoids that have anti-inflammatory, antioxidant properties.
In India, ancient people have used turmeric as a medicine for more than 3000 years.
Still, turmeric gets used as a medicine and in cosmetic products for internal organs and skin health betterment respectively.
Benefits Of Curcumin
Curcumin has several positive health effects and some of them are mentioned below:-
- It helps to reduce the pain and inflammation in joints
- It protects our cells and slows down their aging
- It reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases
- It stimulates our liver which secretes bile in our body which helps to break down fats into fatty acids
- It helps to reduce the fatigues in muscles
- It helps to reduce the swelling in the muscles.
How To Consume Curcumin?
Curcumin is the main ingredient of turmeric or Curcuma longa plant. As it is only present in only 3% of the turmeric, it is hard to achieve the recommended daily value by consuming turmeric directly.
Usually, the absorption of curcumin in the body is very poor. Therefore, most health experts suggest that you should consume black pepper along with curcumin for better absorption.
Basically, black pepper stimulates your digestive system and helps to produce enough hydrochloric acid for better digestion and absorption of curcumin.