Montelukast is a member of the drug class leukotriene modifiers.
Montelukast is used to treat the following conditions:
- Allergic Rhinitis
- Asthma, Maintenance
- Bronchospasm Prophylaxis
Z CAST-L is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Allergic rhinitis
- Controller medication for asthma
- Inflammation of the nose due to an allergy
- Exercise-induced bronchospasm prevention
- Chronic idiopathic urticaria
ZCAST-L Medicine Precautions and Contraindications:
Before using Montelukast Sodium / Levocetirizine Hydrochloride, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.).
Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Do not drive or operate machinery
- Do not take 2 doses at a time
- Consult doctor Pregnant, planning to get pregnant or breastfeeding
Hypersensitivity to Montelukast Sodium / Levocetirizine Hydrochloride is a contraindication. In addition, Montelukast Sodium / Levocetirizine Hydrochloride should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- patients undergoing hemodialysis
- pediatric patients with impaired renal function