Are You Under Stress? Know The Symptoms And Follow These Useful Tips
What Is Stress?
From time to time anyone or everyone has stress…!
Stress reaction by the brain and body to any action in our daily life. For example, any demanding situation or challenge of performance at work for young professional or adolescents and teenagers at school or college add a significant traumatic event which is stressful.
How Health Does Get Affected By Stress?
There are different types of stress and have different ways of how it can be predisposing both physical and mental health risks.
Certain individuals cope with stress more effectively than others.
How Will It Be Determined If Someone Has Stress?
The following are psychological and emotional signs that stress state includes:
- Depression or anxiety.
- Anger, irritability, or restlessness.
- Feeling overwhelmed, unmotivated, or unfocused.
- Trouble sleeping or sleeping too much.
- Racing thoughts or constant worry.
- Problems with your memory or concentration.
- Making bad decisions.
The following emotional symptoms are seen in stress:
- general unhappiness
Is All Stress Bad?
Actually, stress signals prepare the human body to face a threat or flee to safety.
That’s why in these situations, pulse quickens, muscles tense, and the brain uses more oxygen.
This increased activity of all functions is aimed at survival response to stress.
Though in non-life-threatening situations, stress can motivate people, such as when they need to take a test or interview for a new job also.
Does Long-Term Stress Harm?
YES, it does.
Chronic stress management is challenging it drags human behavior to post-trauma disorder state as well.
The source of long-term stress can be anything for example long term abusive relationship and this is more constant than acute stress.
Where the body hardly receives a clear signal to return to normal functioning at the point where suicidal tendency tends to get developed along with bipolar disorders.
Also, all this impact systemic health in relation to chronic stress disturbed the immune, digestive, cardiovascular, sleep, and reproductive systems co-exist.
Over time, serious health problems, such as heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, and other illnesses, including mental disorders such will distort the personality of individuals in Toto.
Some other existing symptoms of acute and chronic stress are also enumerated as follows:
- Aches and pains.
- Diarrhea or constipation.
- Nausea, dizziness.
- Chest pain, rapid heart rate.
- Loss of sex drive.
- Frequent colds or flu.
Managing stress and symptoms as well:
A practical approach is a must to manage any kind of stress.
This reduces the risk of negative health effects.
Some tips that help to cope with stress are as follows:
- Recognize the signs of response to stress,
What can these signs be?
- difficulty sleeping
- increased alcohol and other substance use
- being easily angered
- feeling depressed
- having low energy.
- Don’t hesitate to seek the help of medical specialist stress symptoms doesn’t mean any individual is mentally unfit
- A minimum of 30 minutes per day of physical activity and or meditation can help boost mood
- Learn to say “no” to tasks or talk or company that you are not comfortable with
- Keep in touch with people around you don’t isolate yourself try to reach to ur near and dear ones who can provide emotional support and practical guidance.
- To reduce stress, ask for help don’t hesitate!