3 Dietary Supplements You Should Take To Boost Your Immunity
Immunity ability to provide resistance against diseases and infections caused by pathogens such as viruses, bacteria, parasites. Naturally, immunity boosters are foods, fruits, vegetables, and/ or even artificially designed supplements aid in increasing the ability to fight against illnesses.
“An apple a day can keep the doctor away,” means that eating nourishing foods rich in certain vitamins can help the immune system boosting and aiding the body to fight against illness. The supplement rich in nutrients should be taken to cure acute deficiency of a nutrient and to boost immunity.
- The literature database has reported that vitamin D has important roles beside its effects on calcium and bone homeostasis.
- The antigen presenting cells (macrophages and dendritic cells), T cells, B cells are blessed with necessary machinery to synthesize and respond to 1,25 D(vitamin D3). T
- These immunologic cells aid in synthesizing the vitamin D3. The active vitamin D metabolite has the capability of acting in an autocrine manner in a local immunologic niche.
- So it is well supported by data that Vitamin D can modulate the innate and adaptive immune responses.
- Deficiency in vitamin D is liable to increase susceptibility to infection.
- Hence, it is well supported that vitamin D supplement is essential for boosting immunity.
Magnesium And Zinc
- Magnesium helps human body to regulate zinc levels
- zinc enables the absorption of magnesium more efficiently
- Zinc can only hinder absorption of magnesium incase taken in high doses i.e. around 142 mg of zinc per day
- Here it becomes pertanious to mention that Zinc is essential mineral, involved in strengthening immunity
- Both zinc and magnesium are vital in both the innate and acquired responses to viral infection.
- Zinc & magnesium deficiency are associated with increased levels of pro-inflammatory cytokines
- This has recently been studied in COVID 19 patients as well in relation to trusted link that remodeling of lung tissue is noted in patients with Zinc deficiency
- This zinc Magnesium combo mineral deficiency has an effect which was partially countered by zinc supplements in the study on immune modulatory role of supplements in COVID 19.
Considered an immunity booster is Vitamin C.
- Yes, it’s true that Vitamin C is one of the biggest immune system boosters as per recent reported data in literature.
- Though, it is not undeniable fact that a lack of vitamin C decreases immunity.
- The foods rich in vitamin C(natural immunity booster) include:
- bell peppers
The following is considered main list of immunity boosters to be consumed for fighting infections:
- Beta carotene
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin D
- Anti oxidants
Advantages of consuming immunity boosters are enumerated below:
- Immunity boosters help protecting the body from infections
- Immunity boosters are to be consumed as per body’s requirements.
- Consuming Immunity boosters replenish essential nutrients, like vitamins, minerals, etc. in the body if deficient
- Immunity boosters speed up healing process as well
- Immunity boosters energize the body
- Immunity boosters assist in maintaining digestion, body growth, healthy cholesterol also
- Immunity boosters also reduces aging